Monday, January 12, 2009

"So Far, So Good"

I started blogging about running at Wordpress in October 2007 after reading a runner's blog in the Philippines who started blogging in May 2007. After reading such blog, I was inspired to have my personal blog about my running activities. I tried to recall my past running experiences and I tried my best to document my experiences since I was a cadet at the Philippine Military Academy in the early '70s.

My blog later became as my diary and journal for my preparation for the incoming Pasig River Heritage Marathon which allowed me at least 3 1/2 months of preparation. In between my journal, I tried to research and post in my blog the different school of thoughts and training for long distance running. I am a firm believer of the Lydiard's Method of Running and I am one of the disciples of this kind of training.

However, after 14 months of blogging and running, I am shifting my training towards developing my speed endurance on the oval track with the supervision of IAAF-trained coaches. So far, I am slowly improving my finish times in my road races. With such training, I was surprised to know that I've slowly increased my weekly kilometers covered and developed endurance to my legs and body.

I hope I will be successful in making my finish times faster in my incoming road races.

No comments:

Post a Comment